About this journal
The Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment is the official journal of the International Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment and reports on the investigation, study and solution of engineering and environmental problems arising from the interaction between geology and the activities of humanity, as well as measures for the prevention or remediation of geological hazards. The journal includes but is not limited to:
- geomorphology, structure, stratigraphy, lithology and ground water conditions of geological formations;
- characterization of the mineralogical, physico-geomechanical, chemical and hydraulic properties of earth materials involved in construction, resource recovery and environmental change;
- assessment of the mechanical and hydrological behaviour of soil and rock masses;
- prediction of changes to the above properties with time;
- determination of the parameters to be considered in analyzing the stability of engineering works and earth masses;
- and maintenance of the environmental condition and properties of the terrain.