About this journal
Friction is a single-blind peer-reviewed open access journal published under the SpringerOpen brand for the publication of theoretical and experimental research works related to the friction, lubrication and wear. Original, high quality research papers and review articles on all aspects of tribology are welcome, including, but are not limited to, a variety of topics, such as:
• Friction: Origin of friction, Friction theories, New phenomena of friction, Nano-friction, Ultra-low friction, Molecular friction, Ultra-high friction, Friction at high speed, Friction at high temperature or low temperature, Friction at solid/liquid interfaces, Bio-friction, Adhesion, etc.
• Lubrication: Superlubricity, Green lubricants, Nano-lubrication, Boundary lubrication, Thin film lubrication, Elastohydrodynamic lubrication, Mixed lubrication, New lubricants, New additives, Gas lubrication, Solid lubrication, etc.
• Wear: Wear materials, Wear mechanism, Wear models, Wear in severe conditions, Wear measurement, Wear monitoring, etc.
• Surface Engineering: Surface texturing, Molecular films, Surface coatings, Surface modification, Bionic surfaces, etc.
• Basic Sciences: Tribology system, Principles of tribology, Thermodynamics of tribo-systems, Micro-fluidics, Thermal stability of tribo-systems, etc.
Friction is an open access journal. It is published quarterly by Tsinghua University Press and Springer, and sponsored by the State Key Laboratory of Tribology (Tsinghua University) and the Chinese Tribology Institute.
The publication costs are covered by Tsinghua University Press so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
The journal operates a single-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous.
All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found at https://www.springeropen.com/about/open-access.
As authors of articles published in Friction you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement (https://www.springeropen.com/get-published/copyright/copyright-and-license-agreement).
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if further information is needed.
- Volume 1/2013 - Volume 11/2023
- Tsinghua University Press
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Journal ID