Skip to main content
main-content

Tipp

Weitere Artikel dieser Ausgabe durch Wischen aufrufen

01.08.2016 | Original Paper | Ausgabe 3/2016

Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment 3/2016

GIS-based landslide susceptibility mapping with logistic regression, analytical hierarchy process, and combined fuzzy and support vector machine methods: a case study from Wolong Giant Panda Natural Reserve, China

Zeitschrift:
Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment > Ausgabe 3/2016
Autoren:
Qingkai Meng, Fang Miao, Jing Zhen, Xinyuan Wang, An Wang, Ying Peng, Qiang Fan

Abstract

Landslides, as one of the most destructive natural phenomena, distribute extensively in Wolong Giant Panda Natural Reserve and cause damage to both humans and endangered species. Therefore, landslide susceptibility zonation (LSZ) mapping is necessary for government agencies and decision makers to select suitable locations for giant pandas. The main purpose of this study is to produce landside susceptibility maps using logistic regression (LR), analytical hierarchy process (AHP), and a combined fuzzy and support vector machine (F-SVM) hybrid method based on geographic information systems (GIS). A total of 1773 landslide scarps larger than one cell (25 × 25 m2) were selected in the landslide inventory mapping, 70 % of which were selected at random to be used as test data, and the other 30 % were used as validation. Topographical, geological, and hydrographical data were collected, processed, and constructed into a spatial database. Nine conditioning factors were chosen as influencing factors related to landslide occurrence: slope degree, aspect, altitude, profile curvature, geology and lithology, distance from faults, distance from rivers, distance from roads, and normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI). Landslide susceptible areas were analyzed and mapped using the landslide occurrence factors by different methods. For conventional assessment, weights and rates of the affecting factors were assigned based on experience and knowledge of experts. In order to reduce the subjectivity, a combined fuzzy and SVM hybrid model was generated for LSZ in this paper. In this approach, the rates of each thematic layer were generated by the fuzzy similarity method, and weights were created by the SVM method. To confirm the practicality of the susceptibility map produced by this improved method, a comparison study with LR, AHP was assessed by means of their validation. The outcome indicated that the combined fuzzy and SVM method (accuracy is 85.73 %) is better than AHP (accuracy is 78.84 %), whereas it is relatively similar to LR (accuracy is 84.55 %). The susceptibility map based on combined the fuzzy and SVM approach also shows that 5.8 % of the study area is assigned as very highly susceptible areas, and 17.8 % of the study area is assigned as highly susceptible areas.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

Sie möchten Zugang zu diesem Inhalt erhalten? Dann informieren Sie sich jetzt über unsere Produkte:

Springer Professional "Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit dem Technik-Abo erhalten Sie Zugriff auf über 1 Mio. Dokumente aus mehr als 40.000 Fachbüchern und 300 Fachzeitschriften aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe

Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Springer Professional "Wirtschaft+Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit dem Kombi-Abo erhalten Sie vollen Zugriff auf über 1,8 Mio. Dokumente aus mehr als 61.000 Fachbüchern und rund 500 Fachzeitschriften aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Finance + Banking
  • Management + Führung
  • Marketing + Vertrieb
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe

Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Literatur
Über diesen Artikel

Weitere Artikel der Ausgabe 3/2016

Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment 3/2016 Zur Ausgabe

BranchenIndex Online

Die B2B-Firmensuche für Industrie und Wirtschaft: Kostenfrei in Firmenprofilen nach Lieferanten, Herstellern, Dienstleistern und Händlern recherchieren.