Über diese Zeitschrift
The Journal of Modern Transportation (JMT) is a fully sponsored, peer-reviewed open access journal published under the brand SpringerOpen. It provides a platform for scholars to publish their works in the general area of transportation, concerned with analysis, planning, design, operations, technologies, and economics of modern transportation and traffic systems with focus on high-speed railway technological and theoretical achievements across the world, especially in China. Specific topics cover
· Dynamics and mechanics in rail transit system
· Planning and design, construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of rail infrastructures
· Train operation, control, scheduling and management
· Traction power supply, transmission and control
· Rail transit electrification and automation
· Railway signaling and communication
· Superconductivity and levitation technology
· Magnetic suspension and evacuated tube transport
· Environmental impacts of transportation
· Roads, bridges, tunnels, and underground engineering
· Subgrade and pavement maintenance and performance
· Urban transit systems
· Urban traffic planning, control and management
· Intelligent transportation system (ITS) and information technology
· Traffic and transport safety
· Traffic flow theory
· Pedestrian studies
· Interdisciplinary transportation research
JMT mainly publishes original articles, invited reviews, case reports, short communications, and scientific letters within the journal’s scope. Case studies are published only if they contain some original theoretical content. Papers submitted for publication in JMT should not have been published in their present or any essentially similar form.
The publication costs are covered by Southwest Jiaotong University so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
The journal operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers do not know the names or affiliations of the authors and the reviewer reports provided to the authors are anonymous.
All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found at https://www.springeropen.com/about/open-access.
As authors of articles published in Journal of Modern Transportation you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement (https://www.springeropen.com/get-published/copyright/copyright-and-license-agreement).
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if further information is needed.