Skip to main content
main-content

Tipp

Weitere Artikel dieser Ausgabe durch Wischen aufrufen

30.03.2020 | Original Article

Predicting hydrogen storage capacity of metal–organic frameworks using group method of data handling

Zeitschrift:
Neural Computing and Applications
Autoren:
Saeid Atashrouz, Mohammad Rahmani
Wichtige Hinweise

Electronic supplementary material

The online version of this article (https://​doi.​org/​10.​1007/​s00521-020-04837-3) contains supplementary material, which is available to authorized users.

Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.

Abstract

Due to their unique properties, metal–organic frameworks have exhibited excellent performance for hydrogen storage purposes in the last decade. In this regard, model development to predict the hydrogen storage in metal–organic frameworks is of a vital importance for designing and developing of efficient processes based on these new synthetic material. The objective of the present study is to develop a new model to predict the hydrogen storage capacity in metal–organic frameworks. The group method of data handling-type polynomial neural networks is implemented as a soft computing approach for model building. As an advantage, only 40% of data points are used for model development and the rest of data (60%) are designated for testing of the model. The results show that the proposed model has reasonable accuracy in which the root mean square error for the proposed model is 0.28. The model can acceptably predict effects of surface area and pressure on hydrogen storage capacity of MOFs demonstrating good ability of the proposed model for tracing physically expected trend for hydrogen storage. Additionally, the leverage measure demonstrates that the proposed model is statistically acceptable and valid. It should be noted that an artificial neural network is also developed for comparison with GMDH-PNN model, in which the results confirm that both of the models have approximately same performance and accuracy. However, due to simple mathematical structure of GMDH-PNN, it is significantly more appropriate for engineering applications.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

Sie möchten Zugang zu diesem Inhalt erhalten? Dann informieren Sie sich jetzt über unsere Produkte:

Springer Professional "Wirtschaft"

Online-Abonnement

Mit Springer Professional "Wirtschaft" erhalten Sie Zugriff auf:

  • über 58.000 Bücher
  • über 300 Zeitschriften

aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Finance + Banking
  • Management + Führung
  • Marketing + Vertrieb
  • Versicherung + Risiko




Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Springer Professional "Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit Springer Professional "Technik" erhalten Sie Zugriff auf:

  • über 50.000 Bücher
  • über 380 Zeitschriften

aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe




Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Springer Professional "Wirtschaft+Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit Springer Professional "Wirtschaft+Technik" erhalten Sie Zugriff auf:

  • über 69.000 Bücher
  • über 500 Zeitschriften

aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Finance + Banking
  • Management + Führung
  • Marketing + Vertrieb
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe
  • Versicherung + Risiko

Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Zusatzmaterial
Nur für berechtigte Nutzer zugänglich
Literatur
Über diesen Artikel

Premium Partner

    Bildnachweise