Skip to main content
main-content

Tipp

Weitere Artikel dieser Ausgabe durch Wischen aufrufen

01.10.2019 | Original Article | Ausgabe 20/2019

Environmental Earth Sciences 20/2019

Recovery of lead and barite from the abandoned Ichmoul mine wastes in Algeria

Zeitschrift:
Environmental Earth Sciences > Ausgabe 20/2019
Autoren:
N. Larachi, A. Bali, M. Ould Hamou, S. Bensaadi
Wichtige Hinweise

Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.

Abstract

The present study aims at the valorization of useful minerals contained in polymetallic mine wastes. Ichmoul mine (Batna, Northeastern Algeria) is one of these mines, it was abandoned in 1954. Thereafter, this mining site was known as an artisanal mining. This work focused on the recovery of lead (Pb) and barite (BaSO4) that are present in Ichmoul mine wastes. The results of mineralogical, physical and chemical characterizations revealed the presence of 3.82% lead and 49.60% barite in waste rocks, and 62.73% barite in tailings. These mine wastes are considered as a source of valuable minerals, so the feasibility of their valorization, by selective flotation, was investigated. The flotation of lead and barite from waste rocks was investigated based on reagent types and dosages. During lead flotation, the obtained average recovery was 70% of lead sulfide, and a concentrate of 40% of oxide lead was obtained by sulfidizing reagent. Desulphurisation of mine waste rocks was successful in the presence of a combination of xanthate and Aero 407. As for barite, an average recovery of 50% and concentrates ranging from 80 to 90% of barite has been achieved. This study showed that mine wastes management by flotation minimized the contaminant amounts, such as Pb and Ba, and reduced their mobility.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

Sie möchten Zugang zu diesem Inhalt erhalten? Dann informieren Sie sich jetzt über unsere Produkte:

Springer Professional "Wirtschaft+Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit Springer Professional "Wirtschaft+Technik" erhalten Sie Zugriff auf:

  • über 69.000 Bücher
  • über 500 Zeitschriften

aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Finance + Banking
  • Management + Führung
  • Marketing + Vertrieb
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe
  • Versicherung + Risiko

Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Springer Professional "Technik"

Online-Abonnement

Mit Springer Professional "Technik" erhalten Sie Zugriff auf:

  • über 50.000 Bücher
  • über 380 Zeitschriften

aus folgenden Fachgebieten:

  • Automobil + Motoren
  • Bauwesen + Immobilien
  • Business IT + Informatik
  • Elektrotechnik + Elektronik
  • Energie + Umwelt
  • Maschinenbau + Werkstoffe




Testen Sie jetzt 30 Tage kostenlos.

Literatur
Über diesen Artikel

Weitere Artikel der Ausgabe 20/2019

Environmental Earth Sciences 20/2019 Zur Ausgabe