Über dieses Buch
This book is based on the “Summer Simulation Multi-Conference” (SCSC), which has been a prominent platform for the dissemination of scholarly research in the M&S community for the last 50 years. In keeping with the conference’s seasonal title, the authors have called this half-century “the summer of simulation,” and it has led not only to simulation-based disciplines but also simulation as a discipline. This book discusses contributions from the SCSC in four sections. The first section is an introduction to the work. The second section is devoted to contributions from simulation research fellows who were associated with the SCSC, while the third section features the SCSC’s most influential contributions. Lastly, the fourth section includes contributions from the best papers in the last five years.
• A comprehensive volume dedicated to one of the simulation domain’s major conferences: the SCSC
• Offers a scientometric analysis of the SCSC
• Revisits high-impact topics from 50 years of the SCSC
• Includes chapters by simulation research fellows associated with the SCSC
• Presents updated best-paper contributions from the recent conference
This work will be of value to anyone interested in the evolution of modeling and simulation over the last fifty years. Readers will gain a perspective on what drove this evolution, and develop an understanding of the key contributions that allowed this technology to grow into its own academic discipline and profession.
- Summer of Simulation
- Print ISBN
- Electronic ISBN
Dr. John Sokolowski
Dr. Umut Durak
Dr. Navonil Mustafee
Prof. Dr. Andreas Tolk